Monday, August 03, 2015

Straw Bale Garden Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Trust Your Inner Artist
Sometimes I can rely on my rubber stamps too much.  They become a crutch.  I start to believe that if I don't have the exact right stamp for a card then I am stuck.  So I love when I get a request to make a special card for a special someone.  I was asked to create a thank you card for a couple who love to use straw bales in their garden.  My first thought was, "I don't have a straw bale stamp!"  My next thought was, "Trust your inner artist!"  So I did :)  It may look a bit like a rectangular nest and, if I had it to do over again, I might lighten the color of the straw bale.  But what I love is the trust I gave myself! :)  How can you trust your inner artist?

1 comment:

Doris said...

Absolutely adorable! The recipients will treasure this card. I love your bluebird of happiness! XO