Saturday, June 20, 2015

Happy Father's Day Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It Doesn't Take A Lot To Show How Much You Care
A simple card made with love with your own hands.  Sometimes I want to make a card and I don't feel like I have the time or energy to really make one that I will be proud of or that will be perfect enough for the person I am sending it to.  That's when I need to stop myself and realize that it doesn't take a lot to show someone how much I care.  My card doesn't have to be complicated.  It doesn't have to be perfect.  And, it doesn't need to take a lot of time or energy.  I can use the time and energy that I have and work with that!  I arrived home late Thursday night after a substantial work trip and we wanted to get a Father's Day card in the mail early Friday so that it could make it in time for Father's Day.  I needed to do my best given what time and energy I had and I found washi tape was a great and simple way to decorate this card in a flash!  I die cut Basic Gray cardstock with the Hello You thinlits dies.  I then stamped the "Father's Day" with Basic Gray ink and the Crazy For You stamp set.  These were both adhered to a Mint Macaron card stock panel.  Next came the Everyday Chic designer washi tape and some silver sequin stars.  Quick, simple, and made with a ton of love!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I've been trying to re-educate myself the same way. Not every card has to be the be-all-end-all. Simple says it just as well. Love this!