Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Art Journal Experiment: Wax Paper and Pan Pastels

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Keep Moving Through The Process
I am amazed at how difficult it can be to begin a piece of art - whether it is an art journal page, a canvas, a mixed media creation, a card.  It doesn't seem to matter.  Showing up and beginning takes courage.  The courage to face that inner critic that invariably joins you on the journey.  I also find that I often want to abandon ship early in the creative process.  I start judging and criticizing what I am doing almost as soon as I begin doing it!  And, what I am continually learning, is that I need to just keep moving the process.  Just keep going even when the judgement is there.  Even when the criticism is there.  Because if I'm not creating art, I'm not learning about creating art.  It doesn't matter if I love, hate, or feel apathetic about the end result.  What matters is that I am learning.  I am doing.  I am putting it out there and growing each time I have the courage to just create.  The only true way to learn is to find the courage to create and going for it!
Today I am sharing another Art Journal Experiment.  I like calling these videos "experiments" since it takes the pressure off of me a bit.  It also lets you know that what you are watching is me trying to find my way with materials and techniques - so hopefully you are learning on the journey with me.  Today I decided to play with wax paper, pan pastels...and a few other things!  I hope you enjoy the video :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Great video! Loved seeing all those layers.