Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Born From Color Art Journal Page

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Begin With A Blob
Yes, you heard me right.  Begin with a blob!  If you are sitting there thinking, "I can't paint" or "I'm not creative," all I'm asking you to do is create a blob and go where it takes you.  Our friend Mario is an amazing artist and he has told me stories about his childhood.  One of his precious memories is about being on his kitchen floor - a laminate that looked liked marble - and his mother saying to him, "Find the horse Mario!"  So he would sit there, looking at the veins of fake marble pattern on the floor and he would find the horse - the places where the darker veins of color would somehow come together and form the shape of a horse.  She would have him find other animals and objects in the random patterns of the veins on the floor.  This page was like that for me.  I began with blobs of paint and blew them around with a straw.  Once they were dry I just looked at the patterns...and found this woman!  I created this page for Paper Crafter's Library.  If you would like to see videos with my full step-by-step process for creating this page, head over to Paper Crafter's Library by clicking on the badge in the upper right-hand corner of my blog and sign up to become a Paper Crafter's Library member!  Whether you choose to sign up or not, I encourage you to begin with a blob!

No comments: