Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Mini-Collage Challenge #11

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  In A House, On A Plane, In A Lounge, On A Train
I am learning to create wherever I can during my travels.  Sometimes that might be in my hotel room.  Other times it is on a plane, in a waiting lounge, or on some other mode of transportation.  I have had to get over the fear of someone watching me - looking over from the seat beside me - the fear of judgement.  I have learned to just take a deep breath and dive in...and soon it as if no one is around me.  This collage I created from some bits of ephemera from my recent trip to Doha.  The patterned papers are a combination of a cut up pamphlet from the Museum of Islamic Art and some pieces of washi tape I had with me.  The dark blue is actually a cut up piece of paper describing the journey through customs at Heathrow Airport in London.  I love that these little collages are filled with the secrets of my trip!  This collage is 2" x 2" and is part of my Mini Collage Challenge that I gave myself - to try to make one 2" x 2" mini collage every day for at least 30 days...(or maybe one collage every 3 days for 90 days :)  Sometimes I do a collage a day - sometimes two - sometimes I skip a few days...but I continue to make progress!  And for me, that's what matters most!

No comments: