Thursday, July 31, 2014

Opposites Art Journal Page


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Creating Art Isn't Just About Doing
Sometimes I can get frustrated.  Feeling like I'm not creating - like my art is "on hold" - especially when I am traveling for work.  Remembering that creating is about appreciating opposites helps me quiet the frustrations.  Creativity is about doing & being.  I can sit with ideas.  Let them percolate.  Allow them to stew.  And then I can get back into doing.  I can open myself to new ideas - ideas that can be inspired by scenery, what I see happening around me, what I read in a magazine or book.  All of it put into the pot of creativity to stew.  How can you appreciate the opposites?
This is an art journal page I created for Paper Crafter's Library.  You can get the supply list and full step-by-step videos by heading over to the Paper Crafter's Library site (click on the badge in the upper right of my blog) and becoming a member for a month or longer!

No comments: