Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Hang In There Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Rome Wasn't Built In A Day!
How many times have you heard that expression?!  Today it really hit home for me as I continued to try to find the strength to organize and clean up the clutter in my craft room.  It feels like I'm hitting a wall every 2 minutes.  Small burst of energy that fizzle out into bouts of melancholy.  Who knew that trying to clear the clutter could be so agonizing...I have to keep reminding myself that Rome wasn't built in a day.  My craft room (and office) didn't take a day to get into the states they are currently in and I can't expect that in one simple day it will all go "poof" and disappear and be magically clean and wonderful!  I know that clearing the clutter is bringing up long-seated issues for me - the issues have been creeping into my dreams.  Or maybe I should be calling them nightmares.  But at least the issues are rising to the surface.  As I unbury my craft room I am unearthing myself.  Yes, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Today I'm sharing a very apt card for today's lesson!  I am loving the adorable creatures in the Nuts About You hostess set!  This easy card began with a line across a piece of Crumb Cake card stock.  Then I added some simple stamping and I was done!  I hope you like it :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Really cute and yes, Hang In There!