Thursday, June 05, 2014

Layered and Painted Paper

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I Am Intrigued By Layers
The warm weather causes us to shed layers of clothes.  People have many layers - some they share and some they keep hidden.  Art can have layers of meaning.  Paper can be layered with paint, ink, tissue, more paper...and on, and on, and on.  Today I found myself in the craft room intrigued by the idea of layers.  I wonder how many layers I can add to a base of paper?  I wonder if I will try to answer that question? :)  Today I began with a beautiful piece of paper that was given to me by a wonderful friend :)  It started with ink and paint and then gelatos and then tissue and painted paper...and on and on and on.  I love the depth and interest that this creates.  I love what is showing and what is hidden.  I am showing you a picture of one of the layers and then more layers placed on top of it.  It's intriguing to think I could keep going and no one would ever know what is underneath...not even me...unless I captured the layers with photos.  Yes, I am intrigued by layers!

No comments: