Monday, June 09, 2014

Father's Day Pop-Up Box Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Expand Time By Being Mindful
It is so easy to say that we are too busy to do something.  Too pressured by the ticking minutes.  Too rushed to stop for a minute.  What I have been finding is that I can make time expand by being mindful.  Instead of allowing myself to multi-task, simul-task or go into task overdrive I am choosing moments to just be mindful of exactly what I am doing.  When I give something or someone my full attention, time seems to expand for me.  When I am harried and rushing, the clock seems to work against me.  When I am calm, the clock slows down for me.  How can you expand time by being mindful with what you are doing?
Today I attempted my first pop-up box card (you can find a tutorial on Splitcoast...and I may attempt a tutorial of my own at some point in the not-too-distant future :).  I brought together old stamp sets, new Typeset designer series paper and some other non-SU! odds and ends to create this card.  I love how this card is a surprise for the recipient since it arrives flat with just the outside paper showing.  I even created a matching envelope using the Typeset DSP.  I know this is not the last pop-up box card I will be making :)

No comments: