Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy Birthday Grunge Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  The New Causes Me To Reflect On The Old
It's that time of year - NEW CATALOG TIME!!!!  I would by lying if I said I wasn't excited.  I am excited about the freshness of new products - trying new things - playing with new images, patterns and colors.  Every time the new catalog comes around I also find myself reflecting on the old.  I know that as a Demonstrator I'm probably not supposed to say this...but before you buy new products, go back and look at what you already have.  The new animal set may make you swoon...until you realize you have an animal set from a few years back that is just as cute and is in need of some love :)  Or maybe you will decide to sell the old set in order to purchase the new set.  All I ask is that you make considered, as opposed to impulse, choices.  Sometimes it is just as fun to play with what we already have - challenging ourselves to use our supplies in new ways - as opposed to just adding more to our "stash."  That said, I will confess that I plan on making some purchases from the new catalog.  Partly due to my role as Demonstrator - I need to keep things "fresh and current."  I also do some design work that pays me in the form of Stampin' Up! product and I have been saving up those payments for new catalog time.
For today's card I brought out a retired stamp - Engraved Greetings - to make this Happy Birthday card inspired by a layout in the new catalog.  The new definitely causes me to reflect on (and use) the old!  I plan on sharing a few other "old reflections" in the coming weeks :)  And I'll likely interject some of the new too :)

No comments: