Monday, April 21, 2014

Simply Sketched Sympathy Card #2

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Stretch
I guess the word "stretch" can be interpreted in different ways - Stretch yourself beyond your current limits; stretch your body; stretch your mind.  I hadn't spent time stretching my body in awhile and with tight muscles announcing themselves in my neck and shoulders, I decided a stretching session was long overdue.  I still have my P90X workout videos, so I grabbed the X Stretch DVD and gave my body some much-needed attention.  It felt wonderful!  I wonder why I don't choose to make more time for stretching.  I wonder what it would feel like to make that a higher priority in my life (above things like internet surfing, for example!).  In what ways can you stretch?
Today's card is a second sympathy card that I made for another friend.  I used some of my painted paper and the sentiment from Simply Sketched.  I am really enjoying incorporating my own painted papers into my cards - something about it feels very authentic to me.  I hope you like it :)

No comments: