Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Painted Art Tape

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I Can Talk Myself Out Of It As Easily As I Can Talk Myself Into It
I struggle with balancing my multiple interests.  I love art making and the idea of going somewhere to be with a community of other people who share that same interest is very appealing!  So lately I've been looking at different art retreats to see if there is one I might attend.  The minute I found one and started looking at plans and dates, some other interests started creeping in.  As some of you know, I travel quite a bit for my work.  You may also already know that I love being home.  So the idea of coming home from a work trip to then turn around for an art retreat...is causing me a bit of angst :(  The idea of more nights in hotels seems to be squashing down the idea of traveling to be with a community of people who are equally interested in exploring their creativity.  So maybe I am better off trying to find something local that can quench my thirst?  And yet a local option won't provide the "art immersion" experience I am craving.  So here I am (yes, I'm a Libra), in my mental spin...talking myself out of it as easily as I can talk myself into it...and back around again.  If I actually make a decision, I'll let you know :)
Today I wanted to share with you some of the art tape I created from the painted deli paper I shared on Monday.  I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the tape - might try some other methods in the future to figure out what works best for me.  Tomorrow I will share with you one way I have put these special tapes to use!  I can imagine using this decorative tape in much the same way washi tape is used....the possibilities are endless!!!! :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

The tape looks beautiful. Can't wait to see how you use it. I often wish there was some kind of art program near me that I could get involved in. It is a dilemma also trying to find something that is not cost prohibitive. Looks like your doing a great job experimenting on your own though.