Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Magnetic North Art Journal Page & Second Life For A Red Balloon

Today's Question From The Craft Room:  How Do You Measure A Year In The Life?
As I am typing this, the song from the show Rent entitled Seasons of Love is running through my head.  Have you heard it?  If not, you can listen to it here.  I've been thinking a lot about this lately - how do I measure a year in my life?  Is it by minutes spent traveling for work?  Dollars earned?  Love experienced?  Minutes walked outside with my beautiful dog?  Amount of time spent in the craft room?  Which measurements feel more significant to me?  To society?  Can I hold onto my own measurements - the ones that are truly important to me and do my best to ignore the measures other people use?  How do you measure a year in the life?  What I do know is that the minutes I spent creating this art journal page and my balloon collage piece were minutes well spent :)
This Magnetic North art journal page was one of the projects I created for Paper Crafter's Library as a Designer/Educator.  If you are interested in being able to access step-by-step videos of how the page was created, you can check out how to subscribe to Paper Crafter's Library by clicking on the Paper Crafter's Library icon on my sidebar on the right.  Otherwise, I will be sharing pictures of the completed pages with you here on my blog (I have a bit of catching up to do since I have already created a few pages for them - I will try to share the other pages I have done during my posts this week)!
I also wanted to share a bit of fun I had today.  On a recent walk in February, Buddy and I came across a deflated balloon being blown along the street.  I decided to pick it up and bring it home (yes, I'm kind of like a crow/magpie - picking up shiny things on my walks!).  Today I decided to start cutting it up and collaging it onto a piece of dry waxed paper.  This is what I ended up with...the balloon (what's left of it) is on the left and the collaged paper is on the right.  One of these days I will share what I end up doing with the collage paper!  Hopefully I'll think if something soon :)


No comments: