Monday, January 06, 2014

Papilion Potpourri Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Just When You Think You're Making Progress, Set Backs Come To Test You
I guess in the grand scheme they aren't big set backs.  I mean right now I have a girlfriend who is about to start chemo this week and another friend who fell and knocked himself out in the bathroom and needed stitches.  So who am I to complain?  And yet, I am.  I was feeling relaxed over the holidays - settling in to being at home without having to travel to and from airports and cities and hotels.  And then, somehow, the settling in turned into getting riled up :(  My computers - yes, both of them, decided to start acting up, my journal decided to go missing under the piles and stacks of papers that I have around (at least that's where I am hoping it is and not missing in some hotel room somewhere), and my body decided to act up with headaches :(  Ugh!  Just when I thought I was making some progress, these set backs came to test me...and, I have to admit, I failed the test!  I let it all get to me.  I got frustrated, pissed off, upset - you name it.  So here I sit, typing this, wondering where the peace I had found just a week ago has gone.  The good news is that I know it is possible to find it again - there is hope.  I'm determined to pass the test the next time it shows up!
Today's card was a simple birthday card for a cousin.  I used the Papilion Potpourri stamp set with Smoky Slate ink.  I brought out the dazzling diamonds glitter because, after all, what is a birthday without some bling! :)  The sentiment is from Petite Pairs.  I hope you like it :)

No comments: