Wednesday, January 15, 2014

More Pages From My Art Journal


Today's Question From The Craft Room:  What Have You Done Today To Make The World A Better Place?
We had our neighbor over for dinner the other night and I thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent together.  I love when you can sit around a table, without any distractions or electronics, and just talk....and have that talk be about things that matter...life, purpose, difference.  It was a very meaningful night for me.  One thing he shared was a ritual he experienced growing up as a child.  When he and his siblings would sit at the dinner table at night, their father would always ask them, "What did you do today to make the world a better place?"  Each child would respond and each child also knew that they would be asked the same question the next evening.  The story had a big impact on me and I have begun to ask myself the same question at the end of every day.  And I know I am going to ask myself that same question the next night and the next - so I go through my day intent on having an answer to that question.  So now I ask you, what have you done today to make the world a better place?
Today I wanted to share a few more pictures of pages in my art journal.  Color, pattern, different media - all things I am continuing to explore.  And today I was also very excited to work with Michael to put together a gift I had purchased for myself for the new year...
 It took about 2 hours to put together (including some time taking apart what we had done and reassembling the correct way ;), but now it is standing at attention waiting to be used!  I purchased the easel on sale from Jerry's Artarama and even had an additional coupon to apply!  It is a Saint Remy multi-angle studio easel.  I had been watching it for awhile and finally decided the time was right.  Now I need to stop admiring it and break it in! :)  I will definitely be sharing my progress!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Congratulations on your purchase. I hope you spend many rewarding moments creating with it. I will have to give some more thought to your question though.

Lorraine said...

I forgot to say that I love your art pages. The one with the black reminds me of the crayon etchings we used to do and your designs in general are really very pretty. Keep it up!!!

barbara alexander said...

Sounds like you put it together faster than anyone else I've read about so far. Kudos to you and your sidekick. Just purchased it on-line tonight and am excited! Won't be using until my studio is built around the end of November. How do you like it?

Michelle Joy Wecksler said...

I'm enjoying the easel a lot! One thing I will say is that it is really big! That makes it difficult to move from room to room. You also want to make sure that all of the knobs are securely tightened! I had a close call one day when the knobs weren't tightened and the easel decided to move on its own! Good luck!