Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Art Journal Pages




Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It Doesn't Have To Be Clean To Create :)
Ugh!  What a mess I have in the craft room!  I know, you're not surprised! :)  It seems to happen on quite a frequent basis and sometimes I use it as an excuse to not create.  (On a side note:  I've become quite aware of the contradiction I live - I always say that I want to create and yet, I also watch myself finding all kinds of different excuses or using my time in other ways - shopping for art supplies being a big culprit.  This is a contradiction I need to examine a little more closely.  After all, if what I profess to want to do is to create, why am I avoiding it????).  Anyway, back on track...I found myself standing over my completely covered craft table today ignoring the mess and just creating right over all of the objects littering the table!  It wasn't the flattest of surfaces, but I made it work.  And I'm so glad I did!  No, it doesn't have to be clean to create :)
Today's art journal pages were ABSOLUTELY INSPIRED BY DONNA DOWNEY!!!!!  I watched her amazing Inspiration Wednesday video last week and it really stuck with me.  Thanks for the inspiration Donna!  You can check out her pages and the "how to" video on her website here!  I used some different supplies - most notably a product called Gilder's Paste by Baroque Art.  You have to use it in a well-ventilated space to deal with the initial odor, but it can make so many objects look like metal!  Very cool!  I also used some glass bead gel from Golden.  Very fun for creating extra texture in the flower centers.  Hope you enjoy!!!!  For those of you celebrating Christmas...I hope you have a very merry and wonderful holiday!!!!!!

1 comment:

TiaraHelen said...

A gorgeous texture-full promise of spring!
And best wishes on a day of optimism of new birth and renewed hope!

with love from across the atlantic. xxxx