Friday, November 08, 2013

Morning Meadow and Metallic Pan Pastels

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Indulge Your Desire To Play
I'm not sure what prompted me to buy them.  Actually, I'm quite sure.  I somehow happened upon a video where someone was playing with the metallic Pan Pastels and after watching the video I just had to have those darn pastels (I need to stop watching videos!).  So I treated myself to the set and when they arrived I set them aside...until a few hours later I could feel them pulling me into the craft room!  I just had to play with them!  I had no idea what I was going to do!  I just knew that I needed to open those pastels and start playing with them.  I needed to learn how they felt and what they could do.  So, I embossed a piece of card stock with the Square Lattice, took out some little sponges, and went to town!  I ended up with the background panel that you are seeing on this card.  Of course I then needed to figure out what to do with the panel! :)  The card is what happened as a result of indulging my desire to play with those Pan Pastels.
I have to say that I'm still not sure how the Pan Pastels really work or what I can really do with them.  But what I do know is that they definitely brought out my desire to play and for that I am grateful! :)  How can you indulge your desire to play today???????

No comments: