Thursday, October 31, 2013

Hello Friend Bleached Background Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  See It While You Can
On our walk today Buddy and I saw the most amazing leaves!  They literally stopped me in my tracks and I immediately took a few photos and started collecting a few to bring back home to press in a book.  Tonight (I'm writing this on Wednesday evening) I shared the pictures with Michael and then went to get the heavy book I had put them in - protected by wax paper.  When I opened the book to show him the leaves, the green portions had already browned, although the other colors were just as vibrant.  It reminded me to stop and appreciate things while you can - to truly see them - because in this ever-changing world moments keep passing and things keep evolving.  I am so grateful I saw those leaves in all their glory this morning.  I hope you get a sense of them from the photo.  Enjoy!
Today's card began with an inked and bleached background.  I then incorporated stamping using the Morning Meadow stamp set and a butterfly from Papillon Potpourri.  The sentiment is from Six-Sided Sampler.  Funny how I share this very spring-like card on a day that I was so inspired by the falling leaves...
And for those of you celebrating Halloween.....BOOOO!!!!! :)

Don't miss out on this week's Weekly Deals!!!!!  Click HERE to shop now!!!!

No comments: