Friday, October 18, 2013

Grid Birthday Card Redux

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It's Never Too Late To Add To Your Creative Output!
Today I was going through a box of completed cards and I saw a birthday card I had created and posted a while back.  When I saw it this time around it looked totally incomplete to me.  Just a Smoky Slate card with the Grid stamp stamped in Smoky Slate and "happy birthday" in Basic Black.  I decided it needed a makeover!  So out came the paper trimmer and I cut the front off of the card.  Next I added a few hand-cut banners from Tempting Turquoise and Basic Black card stock.  I stamped the word "celebrate" from the Express Yourself stamp set onto Whisper White card stock and cut a little banner end.  I began layering the banners onto the card front with different depths of dimensionals.  I then layered the panel onto a Tempting Turquoise panel and a Basic Black card base.  A Tempting Turquoise panel was also glued inside the card.  Finally, a few rhinestone adhesive jewels added a bit of sparkle.  I'm much happier with the card now - it feels finished...at least for now :)  It's never too late to add to your creative output.  What can you give a creative makeover to?
I hope you have a beautiful, creative and loving weekend!  There is a touch of snow in our forecast here...can't wait to see if it happens!  Buddy will be so excited!!!! :)

No comments: