Friday, September 06, 2013

Satellite Coral Reef at Denver Art Museum!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  The hands and eyes can serve as guides to developing the human mind. - The Institute For Figuring
Earlier this week I went to visit the Denver Art Museum!  As usual, I was overwhelmed by the creativity and visual stimulation!  I can visit a museum for about 2-3 hours before I feel like I need to walk away and come back another time because I am "full up!"  One thing I saw that really intrigued me was a satellite Crochet Coral Reef made my artists and visitors to the Denver Art Museum!  The Crochet Coral Reef (CCR) is a project by the Institute For Figuring, a non-profit Los Angeles based organization that pioneers creative new methods for engaging the public about scientific and environmental issues by putting people and communities at the core.  The CCR is one of the largest participatory science + art projects in the world!!!!  Thought you would enjoy a few pictures of some of what I saw while viewing the satellite reef!  Incredible!!!!!  It's amazing what the hands and eyes can do to develop the human mind!!!!  I hope you have a phenomenal weekend!  Happy New Year/Shana Tova to those of you celebrating the Jewish New Year!

No comments: