Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bleached Pleasant Poppies Thank You Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I Need A Ritual To Let Me Know I Am Entering My Creative Zone
Scatter here.  Scatter there.  Scatter scatter everywhere.  This seems to be the state of my mind so often and I would like to put some of the responsibility on the computer and other electronic devices.  We can dart around from page to page; message to message; picture to picture - so quickly - skip, skip, skip...move, move, move.  And it seems the more often we do it, the more our mind becomes accustomed to operating in this "blip" mode.  Because of this, I am extra grateful for the gift of art making.  It makes me slow down and focus - get lost in the colors, shapes, textures and process.  And yet, sometimes I find myself blipping in and out of the craft room - distracted by thoughts or noises or activity in another room.  What I would like to create is a ritual to let me know that I am entering my creative zone.  A ritual that will signal to my brain that it is time to focus on color, shape, texture and process - time to get lost in the moment.  I'm not sure yet what that ritual will be - maybe a sign that I read to myself - a sign that hangs on the doorway to my craft space - maybe a commitment that I voice as I enter the space.  Or it could be a certain piece of music.  Or maybe a scent.  I guess my mind will "blip around" for now - trying to figure out what my ritual might be.  Do you have any special rituals you use?  If so, I would love to hear what works for you....maybe I could adopt it too!
Today's card was the result of having fun with bleach and a paintbrush!  I stamped and heat embossed the Pleasant Poppies image and then painted with bleach to take the color away from the Blushing Bride card stock.  The sentiment is from Postage Collection.  I hope you like it!

No comments: