Friday, August 02, 2013

Six-Sided Sampler Hello Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Stillness Leads To Miracles
I was sitting on the porch yesterday - just being still - relaxing - enjoying the sound of the breeze.  Then I noticed a quick, darting motion out of the corner of my eye!  It was a beautiful, tiny hummingbird.  He was so curious!  He hovered over one of the fountains in the yard and then he decided it was the perfect size for a bath!  I sat there on the porch and watched this amazing bird take a bath and then sit on a branch and primp and preen.  It was amazing!  Sometimes stillness leads to miracles!
Today's card began with some leftover 1" and 3/4" Crumb Cake circles that were sitting on the craft table.  I decided to adhere them to a Very Vanilla card base - all in a row.  Next I tied a piece of Early Espresso Baker's Twine around the card and tied it in a bow.  The final touch was to stamp one of the Six-Sided Sampler images with Crumb Cake ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I added the sentiment from the same stamp set with Early Espresso ink and the help of my stamp-a-ma-jig.  I punched the image with the Hexagon punch and added it to the card with dimensionals.  I hope you like it and I hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with stillness and miracles!!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I love this card. I love it because you took something that way just sitting there and made something beautiful from it. And you're right about the miracles in stillness.