Thursday, July 18, 2013

Label Love Birthday Gift Tag

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Turn Left When The Urge Strikes
Buddy and I were on our walk this morning and for some reason I had the urge to take a left and turn down a street - a different course than our normal route in the morning.  I decided to follow the urge.  So, we turned left, walked about 4 steps and all of a sudden there was a hummingbird about 5 feet above us and in the center of the road.  He hovered there and then flitted a little to the right...then a little to the left...then back to center - all the while singing a high pitched song.  It honestly felt like he was putting on a show for us!  After another encore performance he flew off.  I don't know if it is common where you live to see hummingbirds, but for us, it is quite rare.  And to have one stay and hover in the air and just watch us, was unbelievable!  Now I know why I was meant to turn left and I encourage you to turn left when the urge strikes :)
Today I needed to put together a quick tag to add to a bag containing a birthday gift.  The bag was black, white and raspberry colored, so I took out my Rose Red and Basic Black card stock and got to work!  I cut the Rose Red card stock into a label shape and then added a strip of Basic Black card stock and then a strip of silver glimmer paper.  I stamped the background of the tag with an image from the Happy Day stamp set using Rose Red ink.  Next I stamped the sentiment from Label Love with Rose Red ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I then punched it out with the artisinal label punch and added it to the tag with dimensionals.  Finally, I punched a hole with the crop-a-dile and threaded organza ribbon through to attach the tag.  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I believe that hummingbirds are little messengers of happiness. How lucky you were indeed. Great tag. I bet it dressed up that gift perfectly.