Friday, July 26, 2013

Happy Day Washi Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes You Just Need To Move A Few Steps To The Left To See Something Spectacular!
On Monday night we were treated to the most amazing full moon I have seen in a long time!  Did you see it????  It was so huge and so bright here in Colorado!  I was mesmerized.  We walked up to the park under the light of the moon and when we arrived we saw some of Buddy's usual friends.  When we got up to some of the usual suspects we asked them if they had seen the moon.  Two of them said they had not so we told them to take a few steps to the left - to be out of the line of the trees - and WOW - they were amazed!  It's interesting to realize that sometimes you are not seeing something because something is blocking your way and, if you could only move a few steps to the left, you might see something spectacular!  What are the things that get in our way?  Sometimes it is a stand of trees, sometimes it is our own stance on an issue or an agenda that we have.  Sometimes it is just that we are so focused on what we are doing or what we are thinking that we totally miss the opportunity to step to the left.  What is blocking your way right now?  Can you take a few steps to the left?  You might see something spectacular!
For today's card I decided to do some more experimenting with making my own washi tape!  You can see my basic video on how to make your own washi tape HERE!  For the ruler washi tape I first sponged the creped filter paper (already on the adhesive backing) with Daffodil Delight ink.  Then I inked up the Measuring Stick wheel with Basic Black ink and rolled it over the Daffodil Delight inked creped filter paper!  I love how it turned out!  I combined it on the Very Vanilla card base with some of the This and That washi tape and Gingham Garden washi tape and stamped the sentiment from Happy Day onto Daffodil Delight card stock.  I attached the sentiment with dimensionals.  The final touch was to stamp the bicycle from Postage Collection and then use a ruler to draw some dashed lines to form a path for the bicycle.  I hope you like it and I hope you have a wonderfully creative weekend!  Don't forget, leave a comment on any of this week's posts on my blog and you will be entered to win a free subscription to the month of July projects at Craft Project Central!  In your comment, let me know how you manage to keep your craft space clean (I'm looking for help!) :)  The winner will be chosen on Sunday!  Good luck! :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I love the colors of this. Yellow and gray with black are so pretty and not too intense. Great card. I'm afraid I would be of no use in giving guidance about a clean craft space. I see some of the gorgeous craft rooms that people post about and I yearn for the same, but it's just not going to happen.