Saturday, July 20, 2013

Gift Bag Decorations

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Make It Work
If you saw my craft room right now...well, good thing you can't see my craft room right now and no, I won't take a picture and show it to you because I am quite embarrassed by the state of things in there right now!  Actually, I've been quite embarrassed about it for awhile...but that hasn't stopped me from creating!!!!  I've decided that I need to make it work when I get the urge to create and things aren't as neat and tidy as I would like them to be (quite the understatement)!  Sometimes, even in the midst of all the chaos and clutter, you can find a small space on a table, a tiny place to sit, a few supplies and you can just make it work.  So that's my lesson for today (and likely for the next few days as I begin to dig out from the piles in the craft room...I just need to make it work :)
Today I am sharing with you a few items that I have made for the gift bags for my niece's upcoming party!  My sister-in-law and I collaborated via Facetime and hopefully everything will come together beautifully :)  The little welcome signs will go on the front of the bag - which she has already decorated with some adorable pink and white striped paper.  One of the items that will be going in the bag is an adorable eye mask.  Unfortunately the adorable eye mask came in some "not-so-adorable" wrapping.  So, we are taking the tag at the top of the eye mask bag off and replacing it with these bag toppers!  The font I used was Upper East Side and I printed the sentiment onto Whisper White card stock.  I then layered it onto Basic Black and Pretty In Pink (retired) card stock.  The stars were punched from silver glimmer paper and attached with dimensionals.  I put sticky strip on the underside of the bag toppers so that they will be easy to attach to the eye mask bags.  The "sweet dreams" tags are for the guests and the "thanks for helping" tags are going to be added to the bags my sister-in-law will give out to all of those who have helped her put this party together.  Hopefully these small touches will add to the overall festive feel for this wonderful party for my niece!  I hope you have a beautifully creative weekend.  I'll be trying to dig out from the craft room...just trying to make it work! :)

2 comments:

TiaraHelen said...

These are gorgeous, the font, the colour, the little star - perfect. I'm sure your niece will love them. x

Lorraine said...

That color combo is always a favorite of mine. What a great aunt you are to make her party so special.