Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Four Frames Thank You Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  No One Is Watching, So Give It A Try!
I love creating because it allows me to be adventurous! :)  I show up in the craft room and stare at a blank piece of card stock and begin to wonder what would happen if I combined colors I don't normally combine, or try things I don't normally try.  Sometimes in life we hold back and don't try things because we don't want to be embarrassed or we don't want to fail.  The craft room is a wonderful place to fail and embarrass yourself...because you're the only one watching!  If you create something that makes you want to throw up, so what!  You can recycle it or cover it up or claim that your dog made it! :)  Or, you may find that you don't fail at all!  Maybe by taking that risk it leads you to a discovery that turns into one of the most wonderful things you have ever made.  So give it a try!  No one is watching :)
For today's card I began with a Crisp Cantaloupe card base (am I the only one who can't mention Crisp Cantaloupe without salivating?!)  I decided to pair the color with some Coastal Cabana (now I'm hearing waves :) which I ran through the Big Shot with the Honeycomb embossing folder.  I thought the colors looks great with this pattern from the Venetian Romance designer series paper (can you tell that I am LOVING this paper?!  I am using it on everything!!!!).  I then stamped some handmade washi tape (did you watch my video on this?  It's so easy to do!) using the Tape It stamp set and added it to the card.  Next I stamped the little bird frame from Four Frames using Coastal Cabana ink and the sentiment from Express Yourself with Baked Brown Sugar (why are all of these color names making me hungry?!).  I punched the label out with the Decorative Label punch and added it to the card with dimensionals.  Finally, I used the 7/8" scallop circle punch to punch a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock and layered an In Color Boutique Detail on top of it.  The piece was then added to the card with a dimensional.  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I do love those colors and would you believe that I think I actually had a blouse with those colors in a similiar pattern in the 70's. The 1970's that is! All those details, especially the little bird tag are perfectly done. And I agree that you have to be unafraid of failing in art. But we are sometimes our own worst judges of what we create, aren't we?