Monday, June 24, 2013

Wetlands Birthday Card #2

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Don't Underestimate The Importance Of Rhythm
The changing of the seasons.  The rising and falling of the sun.  The waxing and waning of the moon.  All of these are rhythms that we come to depend upon.  I have been going through a bit of a crazy travel schedule and it is making me aware of how important rhythm is for me.  I recognize that when I hit turbulence the rhythm of my heart changes.  When I try to fall asleep in a strange bed in a hotel, the rhythm of my breath changes.  When I walk through airports and office buildings, the rhythm of my steps change.  The collective effect is that I feel out of tune.  When I am home, there is a rhythm to my life that allows me to breathe fully and deeply; to walk in step with my inner drummer; to gently drift into dreams.  What are the rhythms of your life?  Recognize their importance.
Today's card was another take on a clean and simple card using the Wetlands stamp set.  Something about the color combination of Smoky Slate and Soft Sky is very soothing to me.  I stamped the image and the sentiment using Staz-On ink and adhered the panel to a Basic Black panel.  I then wrapped some embroidery floss around the card and knotted it, before adhering the panel with dimensionals.  I hope you like it!

No comments: