Wednesday, June 26, 2013

From My Heart Friendship Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Get Your Hair Wet!
Have you ever not done something because you didn't want to get your hair wet?  I may have been guilty of this a time or two - not wanting to go for a swim because it might mess my hair.  Not wanting to go for a walk in the rain because my hair might frizz.  Not venturing into heat and humidity because I might come back looking like I had put my finger in an electric socket.  I used to think about it a bit, but when I lived in Oregon that all seemed to change.  There was often a mist/drizzle that accompanied the days during my time in Oregon and it was during those years that I seemed to become more comfortable in my skin.  I actually stopped wearing make up and worried less about my hair - it was a time of peeling back and feeling free.  I am happy to report that I have carried those lessons with me...sometimes forgetting them for brief periods...but mostly remembering that I need to jump in and not worry about getting my hair wet!
Today's card is a simple example of how to create interest with a background.  I used the bouncing brayer technique to create the background and then just stamped over it with early espresso ink and the stamp from From My Heart.  a piece of natural trim tied in a knot adds a textural touch.  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I love how the use of a technique like that can add so much interest. Great card. I left the make-up behind a long time ago and haven't really regretted it. It is so foreign to me now that when I want to "dress up" that's what I worry about. But I get your point.