Monday, June 17, 2013

Creating Pretty Cards - Sketch Challenge #24

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Enjoy Your Hot Mess! :)
I decided to participate in the Creating Pretty Cards - Sketch Challenge #24 over at Craft Project Central.  When I created this card I decided it was a hot mess!  At first I just didn't like it one bit!  It is quite different from my usual cleaner and simpler look.  I gotta admit though, the more I looked at it, the more it grew on me.  And, when I added the touch of washi tape, it won my heart over :)  I'm not sure if you'll like this card or not.  All I know is that I'm enjoying my hot mess! :)
I began with a Basic Black card base and added a piece of Modern Medley designer series paper.  Next, I cut a smaller strip of the designer paper and trimmed it to have a banner bottom.  It was added to the card with dimensionals.  The car from Postage Collection was stamped next onto Melon Mambo and then punched with the postage punch.  I then tore a piece of the designer paper and layered it onto the dotted designer paper.  Next came a bunch of stamping - some of the sentiment stamps from Postage Collection - stamped in black and punched out.  I actually used the decorative label punch (did you recognize it?) to punch out the word "friend."  You just have to be creative with placing card stock into your punches to create additional wonderful shapes for your layers!  A touch of washi tape and some adhesive rhinestones finished the look.  I hope you enjoy my hot mess as much as I do :)

1 comment:

KilkennyVFX said...

The first thing I noticed about your card, before I read your post, was the washi tape! I love it! Love how it ties it all together. I love the pink and black combo too. This card is just so much fun! Thanks so much for playing along with the Creating Pretty Cards Sketch Challenge over at Craft Project Central.