Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fine Feathers Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Let Your Mind Wander For A Day
All this thinking has made my brain hurt.  So today I decided to just let my mind wander.  No focusing on houses, moving, or the impermanence of all that is around you - let alone ourselves.  I just enjoyed the day - even my eye check up (I decided to be a little less conservative with my next pair of glasses...nothing crazy, but a bit outside the box for me).  It was nice.  Rain, thunder, sunshine, dinner with a neighbor.  A perfect day for an overtaxed mind :)
Today's card was made with some of the colors and images from yesterday's card.  I stamped the bird from Papaya Collage with Soft Suede.  The feathers from Fine Feathers were stamped in Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede and then cut out.  I created another background piece (and yes, I still need to get that video together so you can see how I created it!).  The sentiment is from Bitty Banners.  I hope you like the Pink Pirouette and Crumb Cake combination as much as I do :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dropping by with my cup of coffee. ;-) I absolutely love the background; can't wait to see the tutorial. This is a fabulous card...great colours and layout. You have such patience fussy cutting the bird and feathers so beautifully! Hope we get to see you with your new glasses. And hope your day allowed your overtaxed mind to relax. You deserve it. XOXO Doris

Lorraine said...

Again, loving the colors. Even with the pink, I think this would make a great masculine card also.