Friday, April 19, 2013

Summer Silhouettes Thank You Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Do you remember the U2 song "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For?"  I've been interpreting the refrain a bit differently these days.  I still haven't found what I'm looking for - literally.  Because how can you find something if you don't know what you are looking for?  Or maybe that's just it - maybe you find all that you need without even looking for it.  Do I have to decide where I want to live and what I want to do with my life?  Or do I just keep doing whatever it is that I am doing and somehow I will find what needs to be found?  As we discuss the whole idea of moving to the mountains I keep wondering - do I want to be a mountain woman?  or do I want to be a farmer?  or do I want to be an artist?  or do I want to be an author?  Do I have to decide before I can take action?  Can you tell I'm confused?  What I do know, is that I don't want to remain in a state of confusion and find myself still "spinning" these thoughts a number of years down the road to find that I haven't done anything at all.  Maybe a mountain top is just what I need - a place to go and be still - be with my thoughts and the sounds of my soul.  For now, that's exactly what I'm looking for :)
Today's card is simple and full of space (a theme of mine lately)!  I used Riding Hood Red ink at full and half strength with an image from Summer Silhouettes.  The sentiment is from From My Heart and was stamped with Early Espresso.  A simple neutrals button with hemp twine adds a finishing touch! :)  I hope you have a beautiful, creative and peaceful weekend!

No comments: