Friday, April 12, 2013

Petite Pairs Thumbprint Card


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Use Your Fingers! :)
I had done a few One Stamp Wonder videos in the past - trying to use only one stamp and then other supplies hanging out in the craft room that would serve as stamps.  Today I realized that one of the best supplies that I could use as a stamp was sitting at the end of my hand!  When was the last time you used your fingers directly in your stamping or other art projects?  I remember how much fun finger painting was - why did I ever stop????  Your fingers are there for a reason...use them :)
For today's card I only used one stamp - a greeting from Petite Pairs that I stamped using More Mustard.  I then inked my thumb with Bashful Blue ink and pressed it down onto the Whisper White card base!  I took a marker and drew in the tail feathers, legs, beak and eye.  I colored the tail feathers with a Bashful Blue marker and the beak with More Mustard.  So tweet :)  Both More Mustard and Bashful Blue are colors that are being discontinued as part of Stampin' Up!s color refresh.  Right now, all retiring/discontinued color products (i.e. ink, paper, ribbon, accessories, etc.) are available only while supplies last.  Order your retiring colors NOW!  I hope you have a beautiful and creative weekend - how can you use your fingers to create a card?????

1 comment:

TiaraHelen said...

love that little bird! We did snowmen cards one year, using white fingerprints with drawn on features...I really love how personal it is. z