Thursday, April 11, 2013

Make A Monster Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Who I Am Is A Question I Am Still Trying To Answer
Do you ever find that the way your are living your life does not seem to match up with the image you have of yourself?  I've been struggling with that very issue lately as Michael and I consider the idea of moving into the mountains.  For some, the decision would be a simple one.  For us (as with most of our decisions) it is not as simple.  We really want to think through it and consider what it would mean for us.  The idea of living in a more rural area definitely appeals to us.  And yes, the prospect also meets my need for space (as I mentioned yesterday).  We are pondering issues such as different weather, altitude, drive times, convenience.  Of course, the decision isn't as complex as it might have been many years back since now there are more supermarkets and necessities that have been brought to the areas we are looking at.  But it's not just the idea of moving that has my thoughts in a whirl.  It is also the question of who I am.  Am I a "mountain girl?"  I don't feel that I am a city girl and yet I live a bit like one...so am I a city girl?  Or, is the woman I feel I am on the inside the one that wants to break through and breathe in the mountains?  Yes, the question of who I am is one that I am still trying to answer!
For today's card I pulled out Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy and Baja Breeze - all colors that are being discontinued with Stampin' Up!s color refresh.  Beginning on April 4, 2013, all retiring/discontinued color products (i.e. ink, paper, ribbon, accessories, etc.) areavailable only while supplies last.  Order your retiring colors NOW!  I stamped the monster from Make A Monster onto Certainly Celery card stock, cut it out and adhered it to the Ivory Neutrals card with dimensionals.  Three circles were punched with the 1" circle punch and adhered to the card.  I then stamped the letters from the Simply Serif mini alphabet and punched them out with the Itty Bitty trio punch pack circle punch.  The word "happy" is from the happy birthday stamp in the From The Heart stamp set.  I hope you like it!

No comments: