Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Recycled Tape Roll Box

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  What Is Your Goal?
Yesterday I mentioned my fabulous swim lesson with Jackie.  Today I want to tell you how it began.  Jackie introduced herself and I got into the pool and then she looked at me and asked, "What is your goal?"  I stared back at her like a deer in headlights!  At the same time, I realized what an amazing question that was...one that I had given little thought to when I chose to take the swimming lesson.  I began to think about it then and there and the best I could come up with was to regain comfort and confidence in the water.  I know this goal will change - hopefully quickly - as I begin to regain that comfort and confidence.  What I absolutely recognize is the power of a question - particularly the question "What is your goal?"  I, like you, know all the research around goal setting and how it helps you achieve your goals if you actually set them.  So now I want to transfer this from the swimming pool into other areas of my life.  That thinking begins today!
Today's project is a "redux" of the tape roll box that I created for Valentine's Day!  I had some tape rolls left over and decided to dress up the box in Spring colors!  I used the Brights Collection designer series paper stack along with the Storybook Friends bunny rabbit (he is too cute!).  The Easter Wishes sentiment is from a retired set - I have a difficult time purchasing holiday sets just to get a new greeting, so I tend to hold onto the retired sets for when the holidays roll around.  Here are a few close ups:

1 comment:

Amanda Corbet said...

This is adorable! What a fabulous way to recycle an old tape roll. The bunny is so cute and I love the bright and cheerful colors!