Friday, January 25, 2013

Papaya Collage and Broadsheet Alphabet Love Card

Today's Question From The Craft Room:  "However afraid we are of change, the question that we must ultimately answer is this:  What's the greater risk?  Letting go of what people think or letting go of how I feel, what I believe, and who I am?" - Brene Brown in The Gifts of Imperfection
I have been enjoying reading a few books by Brene Brown lately and laughed and cried when I watched her recorded Ted talks.  I am embedding both of her talks here...I thought you might enjoy them!


Today's card began with a Crumb Cake card base :)  Really, it did!  I kept stamping on that Crumb Cake card base until I felt I had a very ugly card!  Then, rather than start all over, I decided to tear apart the card front and use it as a panel on a Pool Party card base.  It's amazing how if you are willing to keep working through the creative process you might actually come up with something that makes you smile :)  I used Island Indigo, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede ink along with images from Papaya Collage and Broadsheet Alphabet.  A piece of Pool Party baker's twine finished the card.  I hope you like it! :)  Wishing you a wonderfully creative and love-filled weekend!!!!!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Interesting question. I'll have to ponder that some more. The talks were very enlightening. I love how you pushed through your failures to make something so beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thought-provoking videos. Thanks for linking them. I love TED talks. Always so interesting and enlightening. I don't watch enough of them. I'm currently struggling with the concept of change and wondering when I became so fearful of it, when I used to embrace it with excitement. XOXOX --Doris