Thursday, January 17, 2013

From My Heart Chevron Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  But the artist persists because he has the will to create, and this is the magic power which can transform and transfigure and transpose and which will ultimately be transmitted to others.  -Anais Nin
I think about the role that art plays in my life.  Not just my own art, but the art of others.  Whether it is a photograph, a card, a song, a painting, sculpture or poem, I recognize how much art surrounds me and how it impacts me.  Not to mention the art of nature that surrounds us!  I cannot imagine a world without the amazing power of art.  I love that Anais Nin calls the artist's power magic :)  I never thought of myself as a magician!  We can make things reappear in new ways.  We can wave the magic wand of our creativity and reveal something that is astounding!  Through our slight of hand we can change how we and others see things.  I wonder if I should start wearing a black cape and top hat into the craft room?!  Who knows what I might be able to conjure! :)
Today's card began with a Wild Wasabi base that was stamped with one of the images from Tiny Tags with Early Espresso ink at half strength.  I then added three panels of Coredinations card stock that I had run through the Big Shot with the Chevron embossing folder and sanded.  Next came a Wild Wasabi Labels Framelit die cut - also stamped and sponged.  I then grabbed a stamp from the From My Heart stamp set and stamped it twice - once with Early Espresso and then with Wild Wasabi so I could cut out the Wild Wasabi word and add it to the Early Espresso stamped image.  I cut around the entire image and sponged the edges.  As a final touch I stamped the word "friends" from Tiny Tags and punched it out with the jewelry tag punch and added it to the card with linen thread.  I hope you like it :)

No comments: