Monday, January 14, 2013

Established Elegance Masculine Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  "There is space for everyone's gifts to flower.  There is more than enough room for all of us." -Marianne Williamson
I have begun reading Marianne Williamson's book The Law of Divine Compensation.  Whenever I read one of her book I feel like someone is giving me a giant hug and telling me everything is okay :)  Her message is truly inspiring and uplifting.  This particular quote came from a paragraph that I would love to share with you today:
Each of us has a unique part to play in the healing of the world.  Each of us is assigned by G-d a function that only we can fill.  At the level of our divine function, none of us are in competition with each other, for the universe has an infinite number of pieces of pie.  My piece doesn't take away from yours, and yours doesn't take away from mine.  There is space for everyone's gifts to flower.  There is more than enough room for all of us.
May each of the gifts we bring flower and may we all play our parts in healing the world.  Amen.

Today's card began with some playing :)  I ran a piece of Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock through the Big Shot with the chevron embossing folder and then used the new Stampin' Sanding System to sand the card stock...and used the new Dust Buddy to take all the sanding dust away!  I then adhered the panel to a Sahara Sand card base.  Next I stamped the typewriter from Established Elegance using Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla card stock.  The piece was layered onto another piece of Early Espresso card stock.  Next came the sentiment from Just For You - also stamped with Early Espresso.  I added a Neutrals button with some faux threading (using a thin strip of card stock) to finish off the card.  I hope you like it! 

No comments: