Friday, December 21, 2012

Red & White Christmas Cards

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Inch By Inch; Pile By Pile
I confess, I have been overwhelmed by piles of paper, stacks of supplies, and an out of the ordinary number of thoughts telling me I have become a slob!  I guess I have a few ways to deal with it.  One is to listen to those slobby thoughts and just leave well enough alone and keep adding to the stacks and piles.  But no, that doesn't seem like it will put me in a place that is supportive and peaceful!  So I'm choosing another route...even if I take is slowly...inch by inch.  I'm going to dive into those piles and stacks and send those slobby thoughts on vacation :)  Yup, inch by inch, pile by pile...that's how I'm going to close out my year!!!!!
Today I wanted to share two quick Christmas cards with you.  The first was made by stamping flowers from the Mixed Bunch stamp set in Real Red on Whisper White card stock.  I chose a retired sentiment since I really liked the modern font, but you can use whatever sentiment stamp you'd like!  For the second card I decided to take the Lovely As A Tree tree image and take out the silver embossing powder and Cherry Cobbler dazzling details.  The sentiment was stamped with Whisper White craft ink and an alphabet set.  The snowflake-like image is from Pennant Parade.  And, if you are unfamiliar with Spanish - the greeting says Merry Christmas :)  Wishing you a wonderful weekend filled with light, love and laughter!  I'll be working on my inches and piles :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again...your post speaks to my situation. Trouble is, I feel so overwhelmed trying to decide where to start. Can you spare a little of your energy? XO Doris

Lorraine said...

My immediate thought was to take some pictures and show you that you are not alone, but I'm afraid that it would embarrass the heck out of me. Rest assured that you're not alone. Creativity is like an explosion in so many ways! The cards are beautiful and so striking with those colors.