Monday, December 17, 2012

Four Seasons Merry Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Learning is not a spectator sport.  -Anonymous
Today's quote makes me smile.  I can find myself watching videos on-line and looking at blogs...for many minutes (okay...sometimes maybe even an hour or two).  It's a pretty passive sport - sitting there and watching or reading.  It is not until I venture into the craft room and actually start to "do" that the learning really begins.  Sometimes I discover that a technique that looked so easy in that darn video is really a lot more complex when you try to do it yourself.  Or I might have been inspired by a stuffed toy and decide to try to make one myself...only to realize that my sewing could use a lot of help and that I don't know the first thing about how to stuff tight corners on soft toys!  It's easy to sit back and observe others creating and think - oh yeah - no problem - I could do something like that.  It's a lot harder to actually challenge yourself to give it a try.  That is where the true learning is.  It is also where additional inspiration will find you :)  No, learning is not a spectator sport....so stop reading this and go make something!!!!!! :)
Today's card was made using the Four Seasons stamp set and the sentiment is from a retired SU! background stamp that I cut into small pieces so that I could use the individual words :)  I used a Marina Mist marker to ink up the snowflake portion of the stamp and stamped that onto Marina Mist card stock.  Then I used different markers to ink up the bird and the snow and branch details and stamped that onto Very Vanilla card stock and punched it out.  Dazzling Details was added for some glitter :)  I sponged the edges of the Marina Mist piece after punching it out with a 2 3/8" scallop circle punch.  Snowflakes were stamped onto the Natural Ivory card base using Crumb Cake ink.  A piece of Riding Hood Red seam binding was knotted around the card before the stamped pieces were added with dimensionals.  I hope you like it!  Here is a close up :)  Now really...stop reading this and go make something!!!!

1 comment:

marilynprestonn said...

Hey Michelle, it's been a while, just thought I would stop by and say Hello! I have been working all through spring and summer, I am off for the winter, so I am back to some crafting. Feels great. Hope you are well set for the coming holidays. I wish you the best time and family time, it's always a winner huh.

Take care...and yeah, I love this cute little red birdie for Christmas. Hugsxo Peggy