Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Two Ways Tuesday: Distressed Dots Background Stamp

For this week's Two Ways Tuesday I decided to play with the Distressed Dots background stamp!
For my first project I decided to ink up the stamp with Island Indigo ink and use the dots as a background for a mini book.  I love carrying these mini books around with me so that I can jot down my thoughts at a moment's notice!  I use recycled paper on the inside of the book.  Here is a close-up of the stamping on the cover.  I used the Broadsheet Alphabet with black Staz-On and dazzling details to spell "dream."
Background stamps aren't just wonderful for use with ink!  You can also use them with acrylic paints and gesso - as long as you rinse them quickly and don't let the paint/gesso dry out on your stamp.  Since I am challenging myself to create 30 angels in 30 days, I decided to incorporate the distressed dots stamp into an angel :)
I began with unbleached muslin and stamped the muslin with the stamp using gesso.  Here is a close-up of the fabric with the gesso dots:
I also stamped the front of the angel with the sentiment from Pursuit of Happiness.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Two Ways Tuesday and I hope it motivates you to use your Distressed Dots background stamps in new and exciting ways! :)

No comments: