Thursday, November 15, 2012

Angel #7: A Face In A Flower

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It's Nice To Be With Family & Friends Who Go At The Same Pace
We just got back from the most wonderful trip spent with family and friends (and a touch of work thrown in as well).  What we really enjoyed about the trip was spending time with people who seem to operate at the same speed we do - we didn't have to change our rhythm.  Sometimes you go on vacation and you are required to alter your pace - for us that alteration would look like us having to dart from place to place, restaurant to restaurant, at a frantic rate.  That just isn't us.  Instead, this trip was spent lounging around kitchen tables, sitting on sofas and chairs, lingering in restaurants with perfect meals and even more perfect companions.  We walked around art galleries and sculpture gardens.  Sat in homes and played blocks with a little one.  Watched the deer munch grass on the side of the road and in the fields.  Yes, it's nice to be with family and friends who go at the same pace :)
Are you tired of my angels yet???? :)  Hard to believe this one is only angel #7.  I may have to give you a break from posting my angels, but don't worry - I won't take a break from making them - I am definitely on a mission!!!!! :)  Today's angel grew (no pun intended) from the idea to use a flower as a head.  I used silk flower that I had deconstructed and then created a quilted muslin painted face that I hot glued to the center of the flower.  The body was made from paper cloth that I stamped, sewed and stuffed.  Michael came up with the wonderful idea to use the silk leaves to construct the wings!  They are a bit hard to see due to the green tree...but if you look closely you can make them out.  Here is a close up of the paper cloth that I stamped with the mini serif stamp set.  I hope you like it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I just wanted you to know that, although I'm not commenting each day, I'm still following your quest to create 30 angels in 30 days. As usual, I'm marvelling at your creativity and artistry. The angels are fantastic. I think it's wonderful that Michael had a hand in creating today's angel. Can't wait to see the next 23!! I know you made at least one angel for a friend...but on day 31, will you be hanging the remaining angels on a tree so we can see them all together? What a glorious sight that would be!! Wishing you continued inspiration on both sides of your dreams. Hugs, Doris

Lorraine said...

I too am enjoying your series of angels. Each one makes me smile.