Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Angel #5: Tiny Tags

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Take One Idea And Run With It!!!!
I have been having a great time (and sometimes a frustrating time!) running with the idea of creating 30 angels in 30 days!  At times I wonder if I'll be able to figure out what to do next.  At other times, once idea sparks another and off I go!  This angel was actually inspired by the organza in my last angel.  I loved how the organza started to create a skirt for the angel and I decided to take that idea and use muslin to sew together a "skirt" for this angel.  I created a small body "base" and the muslin skirt was handsewn to the base.  I added some wire for hands and stamped a small tag using the Tiny Tags stamp set.  The wings....oh the wings...can you tell what they are made from????  I actually dried out some tea bags from my morning tea and cut them open and composted the dried herbs.  I then glued 3 of the tea bags together and, after they were dry, covered them with a sparkle glaze.  I then cut out the wings and sewed them to the back of the angel.  I hope you like Angel #5...now go find an idea and run with it!!!!!
If you came here expecting Two Ways Tuesday, bare with me!  I'm off on an angel quest!  Two Ways Tuesday will be back once I have succeeded in my quest :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Ah, recycled tea bag wings! They look beautiful - as does her skirt.