Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Two Ways Tuesday: Priority Mail

For this week's Two Ways Tuesday I decided to ink up the Priority Mail stamp set.
I kept things clean and simple for the first card and decided to get out the stamp-a-ma-jig.  The Happy Birthday stamp was stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock and then punched out with the Curly Label punch.  I then used the stamp-a-ma-jig to help create the wavy line of "celebrate" across the bottom of the card.  I first stamped in the center and then worked my way out on both ends.  I can imagine creating this card over again, but instead of adding the label, using the "celebrate" as waves for a punch art boat :)
For this second card I challenged myself to use the same celebrate stamp in a new way.  I decided that I could make the stamped image look like a faux ribbon :)  I embossed the card base with the Holiday Frame embossing folder and then stamped the snowman image a number of times.  I cut out the hat and decorated it with dazzling details in two colors (plain dazzling details and silver).  The sentiment was cut out of another one of the stamps in the set.  Here is a close up of the bottom of the card:
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Two Ways Tuesday and I hope it inspires you to play with your stamps to see how many different ways you can create with them!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Hmmm, now I'm trying to remember whether I have this set or not. These are soooo cute and creative.