Friday, October 26, 2012

Thanks-Giving Tree Centerpiece

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Stop And Acknowledge That Which You Have To Be Grateful For
With November right around the corner and Thanksgiving making its way towards us, I wanted to create a centerpiece for my dining room table that would honor the spirit of giving thanks.  I thought long and hard about it and came up with the idea of making a gratitude tree.  The original post that led me down the path to making my tree with designer series paper leaves was HERE.  I then thought how nice it would be to have some die cut leaves - using the Autumn Accents Bigs die - that people could write on when they came for dinner.  Each of the die cut leaves is stamped on one side with the word "gratitude" (from Fabulous Phrases) or "thanks" (from Kindness Matters).  The reverse side is left blank so that one thing you are grateful for can be written on the back and then added to the tree :)  The leaves were added to the tree with green floral wire (24 gauge).  You can purchase twigs at your local hobby/craft store or go gather some in your yard or a local park.  I love that this tree encourages me to stop and acknowledge that which I have to be grateful for :)  I hope you like it!!!  Wishing you a wonderful, creative weekend, filled with love, laughter and light :)

1 comment:

TiaraHelen said...

This has turned out really well, Michelle, I like it a lot.