Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday Folds Ornament Punch Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I Am Having A Hard Time With This New Reality
I walk around my days with a sense of being incomplete.  The sense of space - of void - where something so meaningful - something so full of love and life used to be.  The reality of Willow no longer being here, walking through my days with me, is a reality that I am having a very hard time with.  I am not used to being a family of 3.  I know that was the reality before Buddy walked into our lives back in 2005, but once he was here we adjusted quickly to being a foursome and four was a number that fit us like a glove - surrounding us with love and warmth.  And now that we have experienced the fit of four, three is like missing a finger - a palm - a whole hand.  I miss my beautiful Willow.  The tears come and go.  The pain waxes and wains as I walk through my days.  But the feeling of being "less than" of being incomplete is with me all the time.  Yes, I am having a hard time with this new reality...
You may be wondering why I am sharing this card with you for a Friday Folds posting...Well, the folds aren't on the outside, they are here...on the inside!
I punched about 7 ornaments using the ornament punch and then folded each of the ornaments in half.  I then glued them to one another and glued the end halves to the inside of the card.  I think I could have added a few more folded ornaments to have made it look even more round.  The ribbon was then attached to the card using a glue dot.  Here is a view of what the card looks like when you open it:
The greeting is from Wacky Wishes and I inked up the stamp using markers.  Of course I am now thinking about all the other folds I can make in punches...owl punch, here I come!!!!  I hope this card inspires you to think about folding your punches in new and exciting ways!  I hope you have a wonderfully creative weekend!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card; love the surprise on the inside.

My heart aches for you, my friend. I'm still trying to deal with the reality of losing Missy...and it's been almost 2 years. Please know that others understand and care. XOXO--Doris