Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Two Ways Tuesday: Bird Builder Punch

For this week's Two Ways Tuesday, I decided to take out my Bird Builder Punch.  I'm sure I was inspired by all of the bird watching I've been doing in the backyard lately!
The bird builder punch can be used all on its own to punch out card stock and designer series paper.  Here I chose to simply punch a "raven" from Basic Black card stock (it's hard to see the wing in the picture since the black is so dark).  The wing was added to the bird with a dimensional.  I then layered the bird on top of a number of other punches and die cuts from the decorative label punch and the labels collection framelits.  The Gumball Green background was run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I really enjoy making simple, graphic cards.
Of course, you can pair your bird builder punch with coordinating stamped images.
For this card I used the Language of Friendship stamp set.  The bird and wings were stamped onto Bashful Blue card stock and adhered together with glue and dimensionals.  Notice that I gave this bird two wings to make it look like it is in flight.  The Pool Party card base was run through the Big Shot with the Framed Tulips embossing folder.  The sentiment from Language of Friendship was stamped in Basic Black and a piece of Always Artichoke seam binding was wrapped around the card (I created a small slit along the "spine" of the card with my hobby blade so I could thread the seam binding ribbon through it).
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Two Ways Tuesday!  If there is a stamp set or product you would like to see used in two different ways, please let me know.  If I have the product, I am happy to share some ideas with you!

3 comments:

TiaraHelen said...

Hi Michelle
I love watching our birds too. We got a feeder this time last year, and we have lots of little garden birds - chaffinch, blue tits, a robin, gold finch, sparrows, green finch, a nuthatch. As the feeder is only about 2 yards from a road, I think we've been really lucky.

Like your cards as well.

Helenx

Anonymous said...

Both cards are lovely, as usual. I especially like the first one. I love the way you layered the labels. Have a great day bird watching! --Doris

Anonymous said...

What a lovely visit I had on your blog. Ienjoyed your bike ride and your backyard . But Wow ! How about those buttons ! Loved your cute bird cards . Don`t you just love that sweet bird punch and you were so smart to put yours in a little black dress ...Cute