Monday, September 24, 2012

Vampari: Top Note Bottle Decor

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Things Left Untended Will Decompose
There is a house Buddy and I often walk by in the morning.  It is for sale now and each time we pass, the house looks sadder and sadder.  I'm not sure if the house was just abandoned at one point, but the grass went from being green to being brown and dried out.  There are holes in the stucco light posts in the front of the house - patches of gray and white paint.  If we do not tend to things - if we do not take care of them - they begin to decompose.  And, if we don't try to take steps to intervene, eventually they will no longer exist in their current form.  This is true of us as well.  If we do not tend to ourselves - if we do not take care of ourselves and our dreams, hopes, desires - we, and they, will decompose.  What are you doing to tend to and take care of yourself?
We went to a friend's house for dinner last night and we took a bottle of Campari with us.  Since I had a Halloween Stamp-a-Stack at my house yesterday, I decided to dress up the bottle :)  I began with a piece of craft felt that I adhered to look like a cape.  Next came the shoes, which began as extra large oval punches and got decorated with silver pen and Cherry Cobbler dazzling details.  The face was made from a Top Note base and decorated with punches and ribbon and then adhered to the bottle with dimensionals.  We decided to name her "Vampari"  :)  I hope you like it :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

That is truly the cutest! What a great presentation for the bottle.