Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Folds: Door Fold Rosh Hashanah Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I Want To Live Each Day As If It Is My First And May Be My Last
As Fall begins to find her way into the air, I am reflecting on this past year and wondering about my hopes for the coming year.  For those of you celebrating Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, (beginning Sunday at sundown), you may be finding yourself doing similar reflection.  For each of us, our aspirations for our time on this planet may be different.  Those aspirations may also change with time.  One thing that will remain certain for me - the desire to approach each new day that I have been granted with a sense of wonder and gratitude.  If this is the awareness I can bring to each day, then I feel I will have succeeded in some small way.  This awareness will impact my life and the lives of those that I touch.  So today I wish for you, and for myself, that we can experience our daily lives with a sense of awe and wonder at what is around us, at what is beneath us, at what is above us and what is in us and others.  That we can appreciate and be grateful for all of the blessings we experience each day - from the ability to breath in and breath out; the ability to release waste from our systems; the ability to love and laugh; the ability to feel pain and express empathy.  I wish for us that we can remember to bring this awareness into each day we are granted on this planet.  I wish for us, peace.  For those of you celebrating the Jewish New Year, may you be inscribed in the Book of Life for a year of health, happiness, prosperity and peace.  Shana Tova!
Today's Friday Fold card is a door fold Jewish New Year card.  I began with an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Early Espresso card stock and scored it at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8" from the left-hand side.  I then took a strip of Baja Breeze card stock (2 1/2" x 9 1/2") to create the "belly band" for the card.  The tree from Thoughts & Prayers was stamped onto a Very Vanilla label that I had die cut in the Big Shot with a Labels Collection framelit.  I used a combination of Early Espresso and Baja Breeze ink.  Since I didn't have any appropriate greetings, I decided to create a few stamps of my own :)  I carved a "Shana Tovah" (a traditional Hebrew greeting shared on the holiday of Rosh Hashanah - it means "Good Year!") and a Star of David stamp.  Here is a picture of the carved stamps:
A touch of Dazzling Details was added to the leaves of the tree.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend - full of love, peace and creativity.  For those of you celebrating the holiday - Happy New Year!!!!

No comments: