Thursday, August 09, 2012

Throwback Thursday: Pedaling Past Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: There has never been another person like you since time began, so there is nothing and no one to compare or compete with.  -Louise L. Hay
Every once in awhile, when I am struggling to come up with a lesson for the day, I turn to a bookshelf and grab a book and open the book up and begin reading until something catches my attention.  Today I pulled the book Meditations To Heal Your Life by Louise L. Hay off of the shelf and I found this lesson on comparisons.  Oh Louise, you definitely knew how to speak to me today! :)  She goes on to say, "Comparing myself with other people makes me feel either superior or inferior, never acceptable exactly as I am.  What a waste of time and energy.  We are all unique, wonderful beings, each different and special.  I go within and connect with the unique expression of eternal Oneness that I am and we all are."  If that's not the perfect lesson for the day, I don't know what is! :)
Today's card was a card I needed to put together quickly to accompany a bottle of wine for a friend's birthday!  I used Gumball Green card stock and began by stamping the bike and sentiment from Pedaling Past in Gumball Green.  Next I used my paper piercing tool and the Essentials piercing template to create the "road."  Finally, I stamped the greeting from Curly Cute (yes, that's still a current stamp set!).  Quick and easy masculine birthday card complete! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found that stamp set at a garage sale. Hmmm...wonder how many other sets, in total, we have in common? I need to use my piercing tool more often. I usually forget about it. :-P Great lesson, as usual. Sounds like an interesting book. --Doris