Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Just Believe Happiness Card With Rose Red Glitter

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Go Barefoot!
It wasn't my intention.  I purchased a new pair of shoes and was bold enough to try to wear them on my morning walk with Buddy.  They felt comfortable enough so I thought I would be safe.  But about 3/4 of the way into our walk, I started to develop a little blister on the edge of my pinkie toe and I decided it was time to take the shoes off and walk the rest of the way home barefoot.  I can't remember the last time I walked any distance barefoot.  I think I took my shoes off in the backyard one day - just to feel the grass in my toes - probably after watching Pretty Woman for the umpteenth time (I can still see Richard Gere gingerly stepping through the grass in his bare toes).  Now I'm wondering why I don't go barefoot more often!  It was a wonderful experience on a number of levels.  Are you aware of the different sensations caused by walking on different surfaces?  It was like a tactile explosion on my feet!  First there were the cement sidewalks.  Then the asphalt of the road.  The grass on a few yards we walked by.  The field of weeds in the park.  And it wasn't only the different textures - there were also different temperatures.  The coolness of the cement; the heat of the blacktop; the cold wetness of the watered grass.  And yes, there were the occasional "ouchies!"  The little pebbles that found their way under my foot - to that exact spot on your heel that makes you want to yelp!  The one little pine needle that tried to come home in my toe (now I know why Buddy stops immediately when one of those pine needles gets into his paw).  But the "ouchies" were far less than the wowies!!!!!  Yes, going barefoot was a highlight of my day.  Why not give it a try? :)
Today's card was made using some Rose Red glitter that I colored on my own (yesterday's video will show you how!).  I stamped the floral image from Just Believe with Versamark and then covered it with heat & stick powder, heated it with the heat tool and covered it with the Rose Red dazzling diamonds glitter.  I then tore the edges of the piece of Crumb Cake card stock.  Next I stamped the word "happiness" from Fabulous Phrases in Early Espresso ink onto Whisper White card stock that I cut into a banner.  The banner was added to the Crumb Cake card stock with dimensionals.  I then crimped a strip of Baja Breeze card stock with the paper crimper and sewed this piece to the Crumb Cake piece with a sewing machine.  The whole panel was then adhered to a Crumb Cake card base with dimensionals.  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

What a nice sprinkle of sparkle! I had to walk to and from my car just yesterday in bare feet because it was raining and I didn't want to ruin my sandals. Felt good!